Friday, August 24, 2012

the LFC 500 - You Gotta Want It!

So, here it is, an idea that started as a goof less than 24 hours ago is going to be a real thing. Before we get to the rules you may be wondering why am I doing this?
If you read my previous post right here you will see my thoughts on the PWI 500 is and what true purpose it serves. My list will have no bias and will hopefully be used as a way to expose people in the wrestling community to new eyes. I’m, in no way, looking to gain financially, get more page views or followers with this experiment/venture. I did get an offer from a popular wrestling & pop culture website to be the exclusive host of the list. While I do appreciate the offer, I would like this to remain independent of anyone other than me. If you do run a blog, website, podcast or other media outlet, please feel free to repost, reblog, etc. this list anywhere you like.     The question is how do you get on this soon-to-be prestigious list? Here are the official rules. And by official rules, I'm flying by the seat of my pants: 1) Have you competed in at least one wrestling match between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012? Then you are eligible. All you need to do is between now and September 1, 2012 at 12:01am is tweet (preferably to me) that you want to be on the list and you MUST



include the "hashtag" (fancy Twitter speak) #LFC500. This will make it easier for me to find. There is no restriction on gender, nation or species. Everyone in the same pot!
a) You CANNOT recommend someone to be on the list. The request MUST come from the person asking to be on the list. You can tell that person how to get on the list & they can even retweet your request, but they must want to be on the list. The only exception would be Rule 1b.
b) Not everyone in wrestling has a Twitter account. If you are somehow the representative of a wrester without Twitter (manager, valet, handler, etc.) you can recommend someone to be on the list.
c) If a tag team is represented on Twitter by only one member, like in the instance of a Jay Briscoe or an UltraMantis Black, both members of the team will be entered if/when they ask to be on the list.
d) If one single Twitter account represents an entire group of wrestlers, like the Batiri or Aces and Eights, if they decide to be on the list, I will ask them if they wanted to be represented as a group or individually.
2) Are you directly involved in wrestling but not as an in-ring competitor? Are you a referee, manager, trainer, run a school, announcer, commentator, promoter, owner or other individual? Have you been involved in a wrestling event between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012? Then follow the same rules as listed above to be included on the list.
a) I really don’t want entire promotions Twitter handles nominating themselves to be on the list, as that is not fair to the individuals. Unless a promotion Twitter handle is known to represent the one person (like the Beyond Wrestling or DGUSA accounts) who owns/runs the promotion, unlike the WWE, ISW or CHIKARA ones where those in charge have their own separate accounts. 3) Are you tangentially involved in wrestling? Do you edit the shows? Do you record the shows? Do you run a wrestling review website, blog or podcast? Have you done one of these things between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012? Then you can be on the list! Just follow the same hashtag rules as mentioned above.
a) If you represent a network or website or blog that has a dedicated Twitter account and individual accounts for each contributor, we will converse to see if you would like to be listed individually or as a whole.
b) If you are just a person who reviews shows on your YouTube channel, or like method, you will be included in the also rans list if we are short the 500 entrants. All of these qualifications should be pretty easy for me to verify. If there is some confusion as to your claims, I may ask for some more information. I probably won’t push back TOO hard. I do draw the line at e-feds and playing with your action figures. How will the list be made? COMPLETELY AT RANDOM! I will compile the list with no bias, accept no free lunches for a better spot, no requesting your spot and I will not put my favorites. If I did, number one would be Daniel Bryan and number two would be Leslie Butterscotch. The only amendment to this rule is that the first 150 people to respond will be guaranteed a spot in the top 150. I don’t expect to get a lot of response from those in the “Big Two” but that shouldn’t stop you from asking them to. How crazy would it be to see Hulk Hogan or John Cena tweet that they want to be on the list? Just don’t be overbearing about. Starting on September 5th, I will start posting the list daily in increments of fifty. I will also keep a master list of the entire completed list as well. Your write up on the list will be what you make of it. It will either be your Twitter description or you can send me something. It's up to you. And it’s that simple. I was going to open it up to submitting through my Facebook page but it will be easier to keep everything in one spot for me. This is being thrown together on a shoestring budget of nothing by one person (me) so there is bound to be a margin of error. If there is, please let me know and I will do my best to come up with a fair resolution. This could be the biggest failure I’ve been a part of or the beginning of something cool. It’s all up to us! Thanks for reading and being a part of this.







No comments:

Post a Comment