- Juan Fancisco de Coronado's losing streak continued, perhaps through no fault of his own. While doing battle with the Great & Devious Ultra Mantis Black, de Coronado's faithful manservant, Herbert, continually stuck his nose in the match, effectively making the contest two on one. However, the keen eye of referee Dr. Dan Yost caught Herbert red handed, disqualifying the Ecuadorian Superman.
- The trio of the Baltic Siege were victorious in their first outing defeating seasoned tandem, the Batiri, however, the third man joining Latvian Proud Oak and Estonian Thunder Frog was Lithuanian Snow Troll, who we have seen assist the Siege elsewhere. If you saw the March event, you may wonder what of the boar who watched the Baltic's match last time. He was in attendance, this time joined by a second person, wielding a shield, both of whom disappeared as quickly as they made their presence felt.
- Last month saw the WiF! debut of Amasis, who handed Juan Fancisco de Coronado's his first loss in month. Amasis has been out of active competition for almost two years and looks as crisp and sharp as ever in a winning effort over the former Banana Champion Mr. Touchdown Mark Angelosetti.
- The match I was most looking forward to, Green Ant against Oleg the Usurper, did not disappoint. These two beat the snot out of each other all over the Allentown Youth Center, with neither man having a clear advantage. It wasn't until Sideney Bakabella's waffled Green Ant with Oleg's helmet, knocking him out, allowing his charge to steal a win.
- In Wrestling Is Fun!'s first ever "Kiss My Foot" match, we saw both Princess Kimber Lee and Saturyne tear into each other. The Intergalactic Luchadora was embarrassed and humiliated last month by the Princess when she stole the victory. This time, Saturyne was ready and she was successful in putting the Princess in her place!
- After months and months of begging and pleading and I'm almost certain tons of inner turmoil, we saw the triumphant return of Shane Storm. As the Devastation Corporation got the jump on Knight Eye 4 the Pirate Guy, and disaster looked imminent for Lance Steel & Jolly Roger, Shane Storm bust through the curtain, walloping both Max Smashmaster and Blaster McMassive with his trusty 'STOP/SLOW' sign, saving the day!
- Just a month after defeating Mark Angelosetti for the Banana Championship, Assail Ant fell victim to the dreaded Jungle Strangle Hold of Jaka, who was accompanied to the ring by Sideney Bakabella. Not only does Bakabella's Army officially grow larger, the addition of the new possessor of the potassium makes Jaka truly the crown jewel of Bakabella's empire.
Monday, April 29, 2013
Wrestling Is Fun! 'There's Always Money in the Banana Stand' Recap
I've been slacking on keeping this blog up to date, I know, I know, but we're back, baby with a humdinger of an event!